Terms and conditions
Company Number: 11318290
VAT Number: 293398750
This website is operated by Stories Flooring. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Stories Flooring. Stories Flooring offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
- If you are a minor (below 18 years of age) shopping on our site, you cannot place an order unless you have a permission from a parent or guardian.
- No contract will come into existence with regard to any product sold on storiesflooring.co.uk until we give a confirmation that the product is currently in stock and that we have dispatched it. Confirmation will be provided through an email.
- In case we discover an error in the price of the product(s) ordered, one of our team members will contact you at the earliest to inform you about it. If the error is discovered before we dispatch the products, then we will inform you of the same and refund the entire order amount immediately.
- Please check that the details provided in the confirmation email are correct. We strongly recommend printing out a copy of the email for your records. This will help in case you want to notify us of any errors in the order, before dispatch, which otherwise could attract an additional charge.
- You agree that you’ll use a unique email address when using storiesflooring.co.uk. You also agree to email being employed as a primary medium of communication over long distances. You agree to emails being sufficient to send notices that are required in writing legally.
- You may be required to validate personal information such as name, address and other, as part of our process to minimise the unauthorised use of your credit cards and discourage online fraud.
We may verify your personal details by comparing them with details in databases of registered fraud prevention agencies and credit companies. By making a purchase with us, you agree to such verification.
A buyer must pay the order amount in full before the product gets dispatched.
We accept the following methods of payment: MasterCard, Visa, Visa Electron, Visa Debit, PayPal, Switch, Maestro, Amex, bank transfer, and cheque payment.
Processing of payments will be done at the time of order placement. The order will become void in case payment is declined, and will remain void till payment is approved.
We owe no liability for any bank fees or processing charges such as overdraft expenses that you may incur following a purchase from us.
We don’t retain any details of payments by buyers.
By accessing www.storiesflooring.co.uk website, you agree that the text, design, images, and graphics, presented within, are copyrighted to Stories Flooring.
We grant permission to users to browse this website electronically, and to print and copy content for purposes limited to non-commercial and personal use. We strictly prohibit the use of website content for any other purpose. This website is covered by international and UK copyright laws.
Unlawful use of the website, or an act of copying content uploaded on the website, can result in facing a claim for damages.
Rustic Grade – This grade of flooring is also referred to as ABC or Millrun. The flooring of this grade comes in different patterns of striking colours. It is characterised by a huge number of knots of different sizes.
Floors of this wood grade can be figured and may feature heavy grain markings, mineral staining, and a little amount of sap.
Rustic grade floors may come with machining defects, and can feature black knots and cracks on the surface. Fillers of black-grey or orange-cream colours are usually used to cover the defects. These colours also go with the floor’s oak grain tone.
A major proportion of flooring raw materials is rustic grade. This flooring type provides superior stability and tolerance to wearing. It offers best returns on investment too.
Prime Grade – This grade is the highest-ranking flooring grade. It also goes by the names of AB or Select grade. Floorings made of this grade of wood are the costliest because raw materials are available in highly limited quantities – supply comes from just 10% of an entire oak tree.
Floors of Prime Grade feature a uniform look though slight colour differences exist among boards.
An exception to the uniform look is timber, which features colour variations; these variations serve the purpose of enhancing the look of the floor. These variations form a distinct and key feature of this type of flooring.
Prime Grade floors feature grains that are straighter than grains found in other wood grades. Flooring boards may also feature a few small knots here and there, which forms another distinct and appealing feature of timber.